Good morning all. Here I am with your new edition of Concord Daily, filled with all the local news you need to know right now. Let’s do it.
First, today’s weather:
Sunny warmer. High: 84 Low: 57.
📢 Looking for business owners and marketers in Concord Who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce Concord Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top five floors of Concorde today:
- Carlyn Obringer ceded the Contra Costa County District 4 race to Supervisor Debora Allen and Ken Carlson. Obringer came second to Allen with just 512 votes in one of the lowest primary vote turnouts in history. Only 18% of registered Contra Costa voters voted in the primaries, reflecting the statewide turnout. (Pioneer Publishers)
- Do you love the sleek design and quick look of the Corvette? Head out to the 50th Annual Vette-O-Rama this weekend at Todos Santos Plaza! And if you own one of the famous cars, it’s never too late to register it for the show. Entry is free, and the event will include a raffle for more than 35 gift baskets. Visitors can vote for the Kids and People’s Choice Awards and entrants will also be eligible for other awards. (Pioneer Publishers)
- A white Toyota Sienna was robbed at gunpoint in the Safeway parking lot at 4309 Clayton Road in Concord on Saturday. According to reports, the owner of the car was physically assaulted and the hijacker managed to take the car brandishing a weapon. There were no reports of injuries. (News 24/680).
- The John Muir Land Trust teamed up with Volunteers for Outdoor California (VO-Cal) over the weekend of May 19-22 to create trails across the hillside up to Painted Rock in Moraga. According to VO-Cal Project Team Leader and JMLT Board Member Eliot Hudson, “More than 70 Volunteers and over a dozen other Volunteers at Support Base Camp, during one weekend, built more than 2,000 feet of trail across Bent Rock North Slope. On a nice pitch that anyone can walk in.” So, now that the heat is out, go check out Painted Rock! It’s a fun teacher and the views are incredible! (Lamorindaweekly.com)
- The city of Oakley has committed $180,000 of its ARPA funds to local nonprofits. It is scheduled to expire on Tuesday of assignments. Staff recommend a total of 14 nonprofits for a total of $173,150. The rest of the money will be kept for supplemental prizes in the future. You can see the list of applicants recommended for approval in this article from East County Today. (East County today)
Today in Concord:
- gorgeous chubby will be in side gate brewing in Concord. (4:30 pm)
- it’s a Open the night studio in drawing with a twist in Pleasant Hill. Choose any palette you like! (6 m)
- Come jam with the coach lead guitar / vocals and Acoustic guitar on the new stage and dance floor @ Vinny’s mic is open on Monday Event. (8:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- Have you seen everything amazing? Creative Concorde murals around town? Do you want to join the fun? Here’s a timeline for the rest of the festivities. Enjoy!
- Head to 3415 Oakley Road in Antioch for the Antioch Festival Juneteenth Friday and Saturday 17 and 18 June! There will be vendors, food and entertainment, followed by dinner and a fashion show.
- The City of Clayton is accepting requests from the Planning Commissioner Until Wednesday 15th June. There are three vacant commissioner offices that expire on June 30. See qualifications and place an order at this link.
More of our sponsors – Thanks for supporting local news!
- Webinar on New Retirement Savings on June 14-16! (June 14)
- Diablo Symphony: Family Concert “The Orchestra’s Animals” (June 19)
- Hire a Pro to Clean Up Dad’s Yard (June 19)
- Add your event
You are all trapped for the day. See you all tomorrow for another update!
– Jerry Kargis
About me: Jerry Kargis has lived and loved the Sacramento area for over 30 years. Her passion is finding new and unique ways to enjoy the city and its surroundings. On the weekends, you can find her teasing her friends to sample the restaurant that has no silverware, or trying their hand at ax throwing. Jerry also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https://rockinretirement.subst…
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Concorde Daily? Contact me at [email protected]