The report, of 1,000 Americans, reveals top trends and average costs, as well as showing how factors such as inflation are affecting consumer sentiment and wedding travel plans this year.
“We’ve all missed out on the festivities over the past couple of years and it’s exciting to look forward to these events again. Weddings are a chance for friends and families to reunite, and those moments shouldn’t be compromised due to the high costs of travel. Priceline offers deals and savings tips to help customers be there in the moments. the mission “. – Brigitte Zimmermann, Chief Commercial Officer
Top insights from the Priceline Wedding Travel Report include:
- Save the date… and start saving: Americans spend more than 2700 dollars On average only for a wedding – roughly equivalent to a full month’s salary based on the average annual wage in the US2. Budgeting for out-of-town weddings is particularly stressful for Gen Z (39%).
- Something borrowed, something blue, wedding travel is too expensiveSix in ten (59%) of respondents said that high costs of attending weddings/wedding-related events limited their ability to save for a vacation (61%) or an established trip (59%). This is magnified as eight in ten (81%) say inflation makes finding a travel deal more important than ever.
- Singles chase deals…not dates: Singles would rather find a good deal on a hotel (66%) or flight (63%) than on a date/plus one.
Say “I do” to save money
With demand and costs soaring, Priceline realizes that saving is more important than ever. After negotiating amazing deals for over 20 years, Priceline provides travelers with more than Billion dollar every year (This 2000 dollars per minute!). So travelers never have to miss important moments – weddings, wish-list trips and everything in between, Priceline reveals the most important travel savings:
- Whether you’re bringing plus one or flying solo, save up to $625 When compiling hotel and flight reservations using Priceline Packages.
- Became the Priceline VIP Free and access to instant savings, loyalty perks, and other benefits. Will you be traveling to multiple weddings this year? You can reach VIP Gold status and unlock up to 50% off hotels after five bookings.
- Pay at your own pace With “Buy Now, Pay Later” Options through Affirm, which offers monthly or bi-monthly payments when booking travel on Priceline.
To read more about the Priceline Wedding travel report, which outlines additional trends and details about how Americans approach wedding travel, please visit press.priceline.com.
1A wedding-related event refers to a bridal party, engagement party, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower, buddymoon, honeymoon, etc.
2 Based on Social Security Administration “National Average Wage Index” For the 2019 average US wage that receives bi-monthly payments.
Priceline Wedding Travel Report Methodology
Results are based on an online survey conducted Between 1 April and 10 April 2022 Of the 1,000 Americans, nearly half have been married in the past 12 months or are planning to get married in the next 12 months, and nearly half have attended or traveled to a wedding or wedding-related event in the past 12 months or are planning to do so in the next 12 months. The results are balanced as they relate to age, gender, race/ethnicity, income, and region in United State.
Priceline, part of Booking Holdings Inc. [NASDAQ: BKNG], is a leading online travel deals company. Priceline offers exclusive discounts on hotels, flights, alternative accommodations, car rentals, cruises, and packages. We offer over a million residential properties, to help travelers find the right accommodation at the right price. We negotiate great deals every day, and put our best prices on the Priceline app. With free cancellations on many prices, 24-hour customer assistance and the option of both prepaid and pay on arrival reservations, Priceline helps millions of travelers be there for the moments that matter. For us and our customers, every trip is a big deal.
For more information, please contact:
Christina BennettAnd [email protected]
Amanda CohenAnd [email protected]
The source is Priceline