City of Round Rock offices are closed Thursday and Friday – here’s what you need to know too

Due to the expected inclement weather, City of Round Rock offices and facilities, including the Round Rock Public Library, Municipal Court, Baca Center, Clay Madsen Recreation Center and utility billing office, will be closed Thursday, February 3 and Friday, February 4.

Due to landfill closures, Round Rock Refuse will not pick up trash and recycle on Thursday or Friday.

For resident clients:

  • The collection date is set for Thursday, February 3 and will be received on Saturday, February 5
  • Friday, February 4 will be taken on Monday, February 7
  • Monday February 7 will be chosen Tuesday February 8
  • Tuesday February 8 will be taken on Wednesday February 9
  • Wednesday, February 9 will be taken Thursday, February 10
  • Thursday, February 10 will be taken on Friday, February 11
  • Friday, February 11 will be taken Saturday, February 12

Other city services will be affected as follows:

  • Fixed-route bus services and ADA buses will not operate in Round Rock on Thursday or Friday.
  • Municipal court cases scheduled for Thursday morning will be rescheduled to a later date. Most cases can be paid online at
  • Utility bills can be paid online at or by calling 1-855-894-2392 (be sure to specify a ‘#’ after the CID number and account number, eg XXXXXX#xxxxxx#). There is a safe deposit box on the corner of Baghdad Street and Shepherd Street in City Hall, 221E Main Street, as well as a freestanding safe deposit box on the east side of the building. Check or money order only.

A combination of freezing rain and freezing sleet has caused ice buildup on the roads, and windshields are expected to remain below 0 degrees until 9 a.m. Friday, according to the National Weather Service.

Winter Weather Resources in Round Rock

  • Round Rock residents who need emergency shelter can call 512-218-5500.
  • Oncor is the electricity provider for the city of Round Rock. Report a power outage through the Oncor Storm Center website (, by calling 888-313-4747 or sending OUT to 66267 if you are registered with My Oncor Alerts. To register for My Oncor Alerts, text REG to 66267.
  • If the pipes fail, Round Rock residents must stop the water flowing into the house at the shut-off valve next to their meter and then call a plumber to make a repair. If help is needed to shut off the water to your home, you can call the Utilities Department at 218-5555-5555.
  • Parties blocking roads or sidewalks in the City of Round Rock can be reported by calling 512-688-0398. The responsibility for any trees falling on private property rests with the property owner.
  • If you must travel, you can monitor road conditions by visiting or calling 1-800-452-9292.

How does the city prepare?

  • The Department of Parks and Recreation has equipped all swimming pools, fountains and winter toilets, and all irrigation systems have been turned off.
  • Generators that help run essential city services in the event of a power outage are ready with full fuel tanks and diesel anti-freeze additives.
  • Snow chains and anti-gels were distributed throughout the city for employee vehicles.
  • Forestry equipment is ready to deal with the increase in debris caused by falling trees.
  • Transport crews monitor the bridges and began to pre-treat roads and elevated hills within the city of Round Rock on Wednesday evening. During the storm, crews focused on sanding these critical areas to ensure a safe path for public safety services.
  • The city water treatment plant and all elevated reservoirs were completely filled before the onset of winter weather. Last year, the city installed a cellular communications system that provides more reliable and robust control of the SCADA system that controls the city’s entire water distribution system.
  • Additional City personnel are available on call, including additional Police and Fire Department personnel who are prepared for a potential surge in emergency EMS and police calls.

How residents can prepare

  • Be sure to take care of people, pipes, pets, and plants.
  • Drip water from a single tap in your home during cooler temperatures. If your pipes have burst, stop the water flowing into the house at the shut-off valve next to your meter and then call a plumber for repair.
  • Turn off irrigation/sprinkler systems to avoid damage and freezing due to expected cold temperatures. Runoff from sprinklers causes dangerous conditions on the roads. Learn how to prepare your pipe and water system for winter weather at
  • Register your mobile phone number and/or email address with Warn Central Texas to receive emergency alerts from local officials by text, phone, and/or email. The program is available in Williamson County and surrounding counties through the Capital District Council of Governments (CAPCOG). Register now at
  • Stock up on winter weather essentials (hint: multiple bundles of toilet paper are not included). Learn more about what to put in your pantry, car, and more:
  • Wear layers and gloves when going outside to avoid the risk of hypothermia.

Leave a Comment