THE ANGELS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Healthvana, a HIPAA-compliant patient communication platform used by healthcare providers, public health departments, laboratories, schools, employers and skilled nursing facilities, recently passed 50 million health records delivered to patients in more from 20 states.
Since 2015, the company has helped its customers manage and communicate with their patients through a digital experience that reduces the burden on an overburdened healthcare workforce while empowering patients—especially those at the highest risk in populations that are not serviced.
“We deeply appreciate the dedicated healthcare provider partners we’ve worked with to help millions of patients across the country,” said CEO Ramin Bastani. “Our team believes in empowering patients with easy-to-access and actionable health information at their fingertips. Passing 50 million delivered health records with a 95% patient satisfaction rate shows what successful public, private and nonprofit partnerships can look like.”
Healthvana’s initial focus was on sexual health and HIV – digitizing the patient journey to better engage patients while delivering tens of millions of reminders and actionable health information on behalf of groups like the largest HIV/AIDS provider in the United States , AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
Key outcomes for HIV and sexual health
- Better punctuality: He has worked with more than 40,000 HIV-positive patients (underserved populations) in over 10 states. Made patients 7 times more likely to show up for their next quarterly appointment (2023 edition).
- Clinic efficiency: 90% reduction in phone calls to health care provider in Florida, measured over 6 months after inclusion of Healthvana.
- Adherence to PrEP medication: 89% adherence to HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP – once-daily pill) at 6-month clinic visit in Florida presented at SYNC 2020.
Key results from COVID-19 + work
In April 2020, Healthvana expanded its communications platform to address the emergency response to COVID-19 for healthcare providers from Alaska to Florida, including the nation’s largest public health department, Los Angeles County, which has a population of 10 million people – a number that is more than 40 states.
The company created impactful, timely tools as the pandemic evolved, with a focus on reaching the most at-risk (eg age, zip code, etc.) and often underserved groups:
- Antiviral drugs for those in need in Los Angeles County: Successful ‘test-to-treat’ public health telemedicine program launched with Los Angeles County to immediately connect positive COVID-19 patients in underserved communities with antiviral treatment (Stanford University and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health publication at end of 2022).
- Emergency alerts: Just-in-time, targeted health alerts sent to millions of patients, including Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine pause (text message sent to 100,000+ patients within one day of announcement), vaccine availability, vaccine reminders and antivirals against COVID.
- Apple Wallet: 1st in the United States to provide digital COVID-19 vaccination records in Apple Wallet (Fox Business interview).
Healthvana’s work related to COVID-19 has been featured on Fox Business, BBC, The New York Times, NPR, CNBC and Bloomberg.
Recently, Healthvana supported the national monkeypox response through targeted patient outreach, vaccination reminders, vaccination records and features to help reduce the workload on our healthcare delivery clients by empowering patients with critical information.
Healthvana uses advanced technology to make healthcare better for patients. The company’s evidence-based communication platform is used by healthcare providers to manage and communicate with their patient populations, resulting in better health outcomes and lower costs. Since 2015, the company has provided over 50 million health records in the U.S. Healthvana’s work has been featured everywhere from Fox News to the New York Times to the White House. For more information, visit www.Healthvana.com.