Lubbock, Texas – He completed the No. 1 Oklahoma sweep of Texas Tech series in Dominant Fashion, winning 21-0 in five rounds.
With the win, Oklahoma set the record for best start in first-class softball history at 36-0, and broke the tie with 2017 Oregon starts and 1999 UCLA 35-0.
In the circle, jugs Jordi Bahl And Nicole May combined into the OU’s sixth hitter of the season, while the urgent bats outnumbered seven home runs.
The Sooners (36-0, 6-0 Big 12) didn’t allow Texas Tech (19-19, 2-7) to score a run over the weekend, outperforming the Red Raiders 43-0 in 15 innings. The offense hit 17 home runs to bring the OU season total to 100.
The 21 races were the peak of the season for the Sooners, running each of the five rounds they went to the plate.
In the first, junior Kinsey Hansen and senior Grace Lyons Swipe the creepers into successive bats as the third and fourth players in the game. Carpentry Riley Bon A sophomore student Alyssa Britto He contributed to RBI doubles in the first inning of six runs for the Sooners competition.
The second half saw OU put seven runs on six hits and a technical foul, including three home runs. After Boone’s 2-RBI song, Big Jana Jones And Britto made it back in the second straight round of the OU’s homers. Allo brought another pair of deep volleys to center, her first triple-double of the game.
student Turia Coleman She scored her second half of the season in the third. He brought the Lyon disc hitter to the ground at RBI for the OU’s only run for the third.
At four, a fellow student Sophia Nugent It was tied with a left RBI double before Lyons’ RBI Groundout scored his second OU in the frame.
The Sooners went to another yard twice at the top of the fifth to put the OU over the 20-time mark for the second time in 2022.
After the team loaded the bases on a pair of walking and double Boone, a sophomore tiare jennings She tore up her third Grand Slam career to replace four others. Yet Jennings was the all-time NCAA captain, Alo, who had a career 109th and NCAA pioneer 20 this season on the laser to the left. This was the third time the OU had competed with the hosts on a back-to-back hit as well as the team’s 100th home race. This was the OU’s 13th multiplayer game in its career.
The match ended with a penalty kick in the fifth and second game. Mai went 2.1 round from no hitter and walked one, while Bahl went 2.2 to clinch her 16th win of the season and picked up three. The two were also combined for the Sooners 21st close of the season and fifth in a row.
On the board, 10 urgent players have scored a success in the competition, including every start. The Six Sooners were a multi-hit while the trio hit three hits. Nine brought in at least one run with seven strokes in two plus.
Jennings and Alo went 3-on-4 in the competition with Jennings bringing in four Grand Slam runs, hitting Alo three times a day. Boone went to a perfect 3 for 3 with a trio of RBIs as well.
The Lions continued to rip at the plate with their eighth home run in their last seven games in a 2-for-4, showcasing two RBI. The shortstop has 17 per season to finish second in the team. Hansen has made her sixth home game of the season and second in as many games after not returning home since February 26. Jones also hosted for the first time since February 26 against Tennessee for the eighth time this year, while Britto launched her seventh.
Next, #1 OU meets #19/19 in Texas in Austin, April 14-16. Teams play Thursday and Friday at 6pm Cairo time before the 1pm deadline on Saturday. All three games can be watched on the Longhorn Network and listened to at 107.7 The Franchise in Oklahoma and nationwide on The Varsity app.
Notes and numbers
• Oklahoma set the record for the best start in first-class softball history at 36-0, and broke the tie with the 1999 UCLA 35-0 start.
• OU won in 30 of 36 games by play rule.
• tied the team’s 38-game winning streak[دت بك]To the[وكوس]Series Championship for a good fourth in[نكا]Department I date. OU is one shy of tying its 2020-21 winning streak with 39 games and three games short of the longest winning streak in program history at 41 games, set in 2019 (the second in NCAA DI history). 1996-97 Arizona held the longest at 47 games.
• The Sooners had a top 100 NCAA home run of the season to go with a team hitting average of 392.
• OU outperformed opponents 354-27 in the year with a gain of only 17 points from competitors.
• The Nation Presentation Task Force is running a 0.60 ERA, led by Hope for troutin NCAA Major 0.12. Both Trautwein and Bahl have over 100 hitters a year with Bahl K’ing 138 to Trautwein 104. The staff has four no-hitters and two perfect matches of the season.
• The six winners of the year tied for the most in a season in the program’s history, matching the 2013, 2015 and 2019 mark.
• I have hit my Oklahoma teammates in 30 of the 36 games, including hitting two or more games in 26 games, three-plus in 20 games, four-plus in 14 games, five-plus-five times, six or more in four games and seven one time.
• The team achieved more than two home runs in 22 times in one game, three times in one game three times and four times in one game once. They have hit back-to-back home runs nine times over the course of the year.
• 16 times this season, the urgent player has hit two or more people in one match. Jocelyn Alu Leading the way with five games of 2+ HRs, while tiare jennings This feat has been accomplished four times. Grace LyonsAnd Alyssa Britto And Lynsey Elam I did it twice and Jana Jones Once. Alo, Elam, and Lyons all have one toy of three house bugs.
For updates and more information about Oklahoma softball, follow the Sooners on Twitter and Instagram (Tweet embed) and Like Oklahoma Softball on Facebook.